PCFC




Thursday, September 2, 2010

Athelte Profile - Helen Outerbridge

Helen Outerbridge - 
 

Height: 5'3"
Age: 39
 
 
1 rep max's:
deadlift 250
static press 110
snatch 95
clean 120
weighted pull up 35
 
The girls...I've only got one as rx'd, I'm not sure why I seem to miss those days the girls are on the board....
 
Helen 12:28
 
Favourite stuff to do: pushups, pullups, toes to bar
Goats: OHS. I can't stand them. Yuck.
 
How I got into crossfit: I started just over a year ago. A friend of mine raved, and raved, and raved about it. Enough already!!!! So I decided to give it a try. My first WOD was Helen, coincidently, with a 15lb kettle bell and unassisted pullups. I couldn't move my arms for days....and of course, I was hooked, and then learned how to scale my workouts a little better so I could be a wee bit more functional the next day. I have the best coach: patient, yet pushy enough to motivate me through some amazing personal accomplishments, thank you Darci, and of course thank you to the other coaches as well. Although no one was around to witness my first handstand pushup, I danced around the room like it was Christmas!
 
I entered the challenge last year 3 months into my crossfit journey and brought 1st place in my division back to the box. I had no idea I could do that well! I'm fairly certain 1st place is not in my cards this year but the crossfit spirit and cheering that goes along with these events is going to be worth every ounce of sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment