PCFC




Thursday, August 12, 2010

A little bit about what's going on...

So I guess I didn't introduce myself.  For those that don't know me, my name is Jason Trinh and I'm from CFS in Saskatoon.  For those from the gym that do know me, I'm ONLY known as Tron (thanks a lot for that by the way Chad).  I was introduced to CF late April of 2009 and I've been in love since.  It has absolutely changed my life in many ways; I eat healthier, I feel better, I've lost weight and I am better at basically everything I do - I'm much fitter.  I've improved myself physically and mentally and I owe it to CrossFit and the people that are there for the same things I am.  The reason why I wanted to become a trainer was so that I could help others find what I have found, and hope that they become as motivated as I did.  And thus, the reason why I'm doing this blog.  I hope that through this blog I can motivate people to join the challenge, to test themselves, to meet other people who enjoy CF as well but from other gyms, but most of all, to have fun.  The reason why I was intimidated by my first challenge is because I was afraid that I would just get destroyed by people who were too competitive, and let's face it...that wouldn't be fun.  I have no problem now in saying that I love the competition although I look at it from a different light.  I am there to compete with myself, challenge myself, and so are others.  It's a matter of doing the best YOU can do, and the people to the left of you and right of you are doing the same.  When you perform to the best of your ability and exceed your own personal expectations, and when others do it too, you feel an energy and an excitement that eliminates the uneasiness and tension that comes with competition.  I dare anyone that has never been to a challenge to try it once and tell me afterwards that they didn't enjoy themselves.  So if you're hesitant about signing up, think about what I've said.  Worst case scenario, you wasted a day doing workouts, hanging out with people you see all the time at the gym.  

What I'll be doing over the weeks is including videos and athlete profiles, as well as giving updates of the going-ons of the day of the challenge.  I've been told there will be photo clues of what the events may be so keep your eyes peeled.  To kick off the athlete profiles, I'll be telling you a bit about myself.


(Oh, and if you didn't know what I looked like before, come to the day of the challenge and this will seem familiar)


Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 160 lbs
Hometown: Saskatoon, SK
Affiliate: CrossFit Saskatoon
Cindy Rounds: 18
CF Total: 945
Max Clean & Jerk: 235
Max Pull-ups: 30
Max Snatch: 165
5km Time: 25:31
Favorite WOD: Fran - although I've never done rx'd, I'd imagine I would only love her more if I did ;)
Least Favorite WOD: Fight Gone Bad

I hope I've cleared some things up about the challenge and that I've inspired someone who was hesitant about joining to join.  So click here to sign up if I have :) 










1 comment:

  1. Great website, Jason, I will share this on the CrossFit Regina website and we will be following along. See you at the challenge.

    Oh, and I dare you to do Fran as rx'd!!

    ReplyDelete