PCFC




Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Athelte Profile - Matt "BathMatt" Bathgate

Matt Bathgate


Helen: 9:13
Fran: 4:12
Jackie: 6:59
Filthy Fifty: 22:25
5k Run: 21:51
400m Sprint: 1:08
Row 500m: 1:23.0

Deadlift: 420#
Back Squat: 365#
OHS: 3x240#
Snatch: 210#
C&J: 265#

Favorites: Oly Lifts
Goats: Ring Dips

I've been CrossFitting for about 2 and a half years.  I found it when a rugby
buddy sent me a link to the mainpage.  After poking around and watching every
video in their library I was convinced enough to try it out for myself.  My
first WOD was 21-15-9 of DB Hang Squat Cleans and Pull-Ups. After that one I
couldn't straighten my arms for three days.  It didn't matter though, I was
hooked.

About 3 months later I found out about of CrossFit Saskatoon and got in contact
with Chad.  Joining CFS was a great learning experience in proper scaling and
being a part of a class environment.  After attending some certifications and a
couple months of training at CFS I joined the coaching staff.  Since then I have
been training hard, coaching athletes, competing, and having a blast being
healthy and fit.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words to describe how much I love this photo, Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we stole if off your Facebook Julie... thanks for taking it!

    I also like it a lot, although I'm not sure I'm too pumped about it being the first pic folks see of me.
    =)

    Oh well. Here's to giving it our all... and getting our butts kicked.
    =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive never seen you look better;-)


    angdesj

    ReplyDelete